Are you trying to make a difference and improve employee satisfaction and engagement within your organization? Here are 5 fun and useful ways that can help you make an overwhelming impact.
1. Don’t forget your indirect team: Be sure that you are communicating and showing appreciation regularly to your indirect team as well. This demonstrates that you value the contributions of every single member of your organization.
2. Celebrate holidays together at work: Celebrate special occasions within the workplace with a free lunch, gifts and maybe even some decorations. Make the workplace feel more like a family by celebrating holidays together.
3. Workplace upgrade: Ask your staff for suggestions on possible workplace improvements to help them feel more comfortable and productive. Suggestions such as more comfortable chairs or a coat of fresh paint can make a big difference.
4. Award your staff: Small competitions within the workplace can go a long way. By recognizing team members that go above and beyond their job description, you will build future leaders and stronger teams.
5. Say “Thank You” in person: Make sure to say “Thank You” frequently whenever an employee or team deserves a pat on the back. Those two simple words can make a huge difference in your employee’s day. So go ahead and thank your staff in person for a job well done. They deserve it.